Saturday, March 2, 2013

What I did last night...

   So a few weeks ago I lost one of my mittens.  I love these mittens.  They're the kind that has the flap that turns the mittens into fingerless gloves.  I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but I bought a pair back in college and have proceeded to buy a few more pairs when the mittens have died.  Well, I lost one.  And I was devastated.  I thought that I had lost it on campus somewhere when I had gone to work out, so I sent Kyle to check the various lost and founds.  Nothing.  So I started shopping around.  The ever money conscience Kyle, suggested I just make a pair.  Well, the idea appealed to me, but if anyone knows me, I am not a huge fan of lengthy crochet projects.  I am a 'sit down and get it done in one sitting' kind of girl.  Well, last night I spent over FOUR hours working on one mitten/glove.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  Kyle is so funny about my crochet products.  He always thinks everything is the coolest thing he has ever seen.  Well, here's a couple pics of my mitten/glove making adventure.  I think that I'll redo this, and not make a second like this one.  I want the cuff longer and the glove needs to be a little bigger in general.  But it's still pretty cool!


The mitten!  (with the flap down). For those that aren't familiar with this kind of mitten/glove, the button is to keep the flap back, when needed.



the fingerless glove!  (please forgive the chipped nail polish)  ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm with Kyle on this one. These are pretty freaking cool. Think you will add them to your ever increasing list of wares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agreed with Kyle and Beth! You are AMAZING! You definitely got the creative gene that the rest of us missed...unless you count my plant breeding skills as artful..which I do!

    ReplyDelete