Saturday, March 2, 2013

New Adventures with New Crafts

    I had grown up with my mom decorating all of our birthday cakes and had decided that I wanted to learn the art.  I had gotten a few tips and bags previously, but Kyle went all out.  He bought me 55 tips, bags, rubber bands to keep the icing bags from exploding on your hands, and two decorating books.  The books were really the 'icing on the cake.'  They taught me how to make the icing, as well as techniques for making different basic designs.  Since Kyle isn't a huge fan of cake, I decided to make some sugar cookies and try out my decorating skills.  Here are the pictures from early January of my attempts.


This is a picture of most of the cookies.  I made them at the beginning of the semester, so some have cute phrases for Kyle.  


This is my favorite!  I love flowers, and these were so easy.  I can't wait to do this all along the side of a cake.


Cute fishy!



Little worm.



My attempt at some roses.  Still need to practice!




2 comments: