Saturday, March 2, 2013

January!

    My big 27th birthday!  It was one of my tougher birthdays.  I usually love my birthdays, but this year I just felt old.  But that's not important.  What's important is that Kyle, Katelyn and I made a fabulous birthday lunch on Sunday the 20th, the day before my birthday.  I decided that just a family meal would be best.  We decided on an Olive Garden replicated meal.  We made Chicken Gnocchi soup.  It's chicken, carrots, spinach and a dumpling-like noodle.  We found a recipe for a garlic cheese roll, made with Rhodes rolls, and then I made chocolate filled cupcakes for dessert.  I practiced my icing decorating skills and made owls on my cupcakes (I love owls, for those of you that don't know that about me).  It was a lot of fun.  Kyle got me a fun purple(my favorite color) scarf and an owl necklace.  Katelyn got me a much needed apron. One of my good friends here got me two pairs of owl earrings.  I really got some fun, good stuff!  Here's a slightly awkward picture of me at lunch when I got my gifts.  I need to figure out how to put videos on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment