Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter! and other things...

Happy Easter everybody!   We've had a very relaxing Easter.  In celebration of the upcoming holiday and our spring break, I made cupcakes for my class.  I don't often bring treats for my students, so I like to do something special for holidays.  For those of you that have read my previous posts, Kyle got me some cake decorating supplies for Christmas.  I decided to try out the cupcake decorating tool.  It was pretty slick.  Here's a picture of the cupcakes I took to my students.





  Today to celebrate Easter, I put a ham in the crockpot.  Katelyn came over for lunch, and we decorated Easter eggs before dessert.  We love having Katelyn here and love having family to spend holidays so close.


I made home-made brownies with whipped cream again for dessert.  Yummy!





  Kyle has been cooking more and more and I LOVE it.  He loves to look up recipes online and have us give it a try.  It is so much fun to work with him in the kitchen, and he really does a fantastic job.  Tonight he decided to make Atole, a drink that he had on his mission.  It's very much like a vanilla pudding, but not as thick, and it's warm.  Delicious.  I couldn't help snapping a picture of him doing his thing.


   Another random happening in our lives:  we were asked to chaperone a dance at my high school. Apparently, I'm a senior adviser, and since the seniors put the dance on we were asked to be there.  We decided it would be fun, so the Saturday that Kent and family were here, we spent the evening at an Eighties dance.  I was pretty excited about it, but kind of nervous.  I didn't want to have to yell at kids making out or something on the dance floor.  Luckily, they were all really good kids so it was an easy gig.  I was told before we went that they were excited to get 'cool, young' chaperones.  Little did they know, that Kyle and I really aren't that cool, and this was in fact, the first high school dance I ever attended.  Here's a picture of our fun evening.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! We sure missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you made some wonderful Easter memories together. I'm so glad. Wish we could have been with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you pipe on your frosting? it looks awesome!! and what recipe of frosting do you use to make it keep it's shape?

    ReplyDelete