Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our life and other things...

  Seems like we are always so busy!  Kyle started his LAST semester of his undergrad on Monday.  I am so excited for him.  It looks like he has a good schedule this semester, and it's really nice to have him home more.  Last semester he had a lot of group projects with multiple groups and it always seemed like he was working on something on campus.  This semester, he is taking mostly classes to have credits ready for his grad program.  We're still working on that application so hopefully it'll be in soon.

My life is always exciting.  One of my workout buddies of semesters past is back, and it's been nice to get to the gym more regularly.  I had a hard to getting to the gym on a regular basis in February and March, and I'm already feeling better for my efforts.  

On Thursday, I went with a friend from work down to Idaho Falls to Joann's Fabric store.  I have been wanting to get some knit fabric to make maxi dresses.  When I told my friend at work about it, she offered to help me make some patterns.  I brought my two favorite dresses in one day, and she quickly laid them out and made patterns, which was pretty awesome (she'd taken a class in college).  So then I was super excited to get to the store.  I bought 7 different fabrics and have plans for 5 dresses. I cut out one pattern last night, and I'm hoping to start sewing on it soon.  Pictures of completed dresses to follow.

On Saturday, I threw a baby shower for one of my good friends, Marilee.  She's expecting a baby girl in June and I had fun planning and preparing for her shower.  She wanted strawberry cupcakes with vanilla frosting and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.  So yummy!  I also decided to do a diaper cake, which another friend helped my make.  So cute.  For the activity, we designed onesies.  It was a fantastic idea, again from a friend, and anyone reading this who may in the future throw me a baby shower, I want to this for it!   Here are a few pictures of the event.



 And that is Kyle in the background.  He helped us set up after he got off work, and he even helped blow up balloons.  Yeah, he's awesome like that.  :)

1 comment: