Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NEW Shoes!

I know what you're thinking... 'she already has a bazillion pairs of shoes!'  Not running shoes!  So back in 2006, Kyle bought me a pair of New Balance running shoes.  They were on sale, I was poor, he loved me, so he bought them for me.  I then proceeded to wear them several days a week for the next 7 years.  I even took them on my mission and really ran in them!  Recently I noticed that they were getting a little thin on the bottom.  When I mentioned this to one of my workout buddies, she informed me that it's really not good on your body to wear worn out running shoes. Here's a couple pictures of the poor dears.



  As you can see, they really are very worn out. (Those grey triangles used to be all the way across the ball of the shoe and they even stuck out like the one on the upper left corner.) So I started shopping. I've had a few different kinds of running shoes and I usually end up with shin-splints.  My New Balance pair have been so awesome that I haven't had any pain.  The only problem was that they no longer make my model, so I was stuck.  I even emailed New Balance and asked what model they have that is closest to mine. I wasn't impressed with the model they told me about, so my search continued.  I had some money left from Kyle's parents on Amazon, which totally helped with the cost, but I couldn't bring myself to spend much.  Kyle kept telling me that for good shoes, I should just spend the money.  If anyone knows about my shoe fetish, they also know that I spent a max of $5 on every pair. Finally, I decided on these beauties, that look surprisingly like my old pair.  So far, I am loving them, but I haven't had them long, so hopefully they'll be exactly what I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment