Sunday, April 14, 2013

Blast from the Past



This was a favorite of Kyle and I's in college.  We haven't had it since then.  We used to make it together on Sunday after church.  We had been talking about it and wanted to make it again, but were disappointed when our local grocery store didn't carry it.  Later we found it at our Wal-Mart, and were eager to make it.  As I was making it this week, the smell alone brought back so many memories.  It's truly amazing how smells connect to memories.  Anyway, we loved it and we'll have to have it again soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky! It seems like I try foods from my past, but they never live up to the memories that I have of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the old Zatarain's! I remember how much Kyle loved this stuff and we do too. Funny, we also haven't eaten it for quite awhile even though I have some in storage. Time to cook it up! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete