Monday, June 3, 2013

Bittersweet.

   Well, Friday was the last day of school. It was definitely bittersweet.  I have had such an amazing experience teaching this year.  The year started off kind of rocky.  I felt nervous and inexperienced, and to top it all off my aide quit after her second day.  The whole month of September I had one sub after another to fill her position.  They hired a replacement but she couldn't come until after harvest break (second week in October).  She was fantastic but unfortunately was offered a much better position elsewhere, so she gave her two weeks notice.  Luckily, one of the previous subs had been amazing, and so we hired her. Cathy was a Godsend.  She was such a great help and support. I could not have made it through this school year without her.  Aside from my fun, wonderful and at times oh so frustrating students, the other special ed teacher and her aide were great to work with.  I loved my principal and got along great with the other staff. I learned quickly and had a great mentor to answer all my questions. I was sad to leave on Friday after such a great year.  We have no idea what is in store for our family in the fall, so my sadness is due partially to the fact that we don't know yet if I'll be going back.  I hope so, but only time will tell. 

Here's a pic of my door and the beautiful flowers Kyle brought to me on the last day.


No comments:

Post a Comment