Friday, July 25, 2014

National Harbor and Great Falls

Well, we have been out and about!  Last weekend we visited the National Harbor.  We parked in Alexandria and took a Water Taxi across.  Today we went to a place called Great Falls.  It is a group of falls on the Potomac River.  Here are some pics!

On the Water Taxi on our way to the National Harbor!

This is a cool sculpture at the National Harbor called Awakening.  We were told by a lady on the water taxi that it was first in a park, but has been recently moved here so more people could see it.  Which explains a lot, because we first saw this sculpture in National Treasure and it was in a park setting.  See, you learn so much from movies!

Giant Ferris Wheel at the National Harbor.

Inside the Gaylord Hotel.  We were told (by that same lady) that we should stop here. We are in a giant atrium that faces the river.

Great Falls!

In my old age, I would like to think that I have become wiser.  I have recently decided that when I am going to be in the sun, a big floppy hat is a must have.  I now have two, and I love them!

Unfortunately, big floppy hats make pictures a little awkward.  :)

After 3 years of having a computer major, Kyle finally has a smart phone!  So far it means chatting with his best buddies and sending impressively clear pics to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment